This Privacy Notice addresses how your personal data is collected, used and disclosed by Crowd Care Sdn Bhd (“Crowd Care”) in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Your personal data includes, but is not limited to, any personal information about you concerning your name, gender, address, NRIC number, telephone number and e-mail address (“Personal Data”), as well as any information in connection with your state of health and/or physical or mental condition (“Sensitive Personal Data”) (collectively referred to as “Personal Data”).
It is not obligatory for you to give the Personal Data being requested by Crowd Care, but if you do not, you will not be able to participate in the Life Engineering Program or any other program offered by Crowd Care (“the Program”).
By providing any Personal Data to Crowd Care, you fully understand and clearly consent to the use, transfer of such Personal Data to, and the collection and processing of such information. Any such transfer, use, disclosure and processing by Crowd Care will be in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Collection of Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected by Crowd Care via various channels. The usual channels (but not limited to) by which Crowd Care collects your Personal Data are when:
- you voluntarily or directly provide to Crowd Care;
- you interact with Crowd Care or any of its representatives or its affiliates or other participants of the Program;
- you respond to our request for additional personal data;
- you access the mobile apps of Crowd Care and perform any transaction;
- you are contacted by, and respond to, our telemarketers.
Use of Personal Data
Crowd Care may use and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to your queries;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
- for Crowd Care to comply with its obligations under law;
- to process any medical claims and payment;
- to process your application to participate in the Program;
- statistics and research;
- to manage and maintain your account and the accounts of the Program;
- to perform any transaction relating to the Program;
- to publish to the users of the mobile apps or through any other channels of all medical claims of the month your Personal Data and your Sensitive Personal Data including part of your name, camouflaged IC with only first 8 digits visible, date of admission and discharge, amount of bill submitted for crowdshare and a simple description of illness when you are admitted under the Program; and
- any other purpose that may be deemed necessary and expedient by Crowd Care in connection with the Program.
Transfer of Personal Data
As Crowd Care’s technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Crowd Care will not intentionally disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties without obtaining your prior consent except in the following circumstances:
- disclosure of Personal Data for the purposes stated above;
- disclosure of Personal Data to external service providers and sub-contractors, including affiliates who provide support or professional services to Crowd Care including, but not limited to, mobile apps or email hosting services, information technology services, data security consultancy services, marketing and promotional services, data analysis, legal services, accounting services, tax related services, administrative services and data back-up services;
- disclosure of Personal Data in connection with corporate restructuring or re-organisation including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidation, amalgamation, joint ventures, formation of partnerships, voluntary liquidation and takeovers; and/or
- where disclosure of Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties is necessary to protect the interests, rights, property or privacy of Crowd Care and/or its officers, employees, agents or affiliates.
For the avoidance of doubt, Crowd Care may disclose your Personal Data to any of our officers, employees, agents or affiliates on a need-to-know basis, or for any of the purposes stated above, the consent of which you hereby expressly given.
Reservation of Rights
Crowd Care reserves its rights to vary or amend this Privacy Notice at any time and at its sole and absolute discretion to ensure that this Privacy Notice is consistent with future developments of Crowd Care, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. When changes are made to this notice Crowd Care will revise the “Last updated on” date on the front page of this notice. We encourage you to periodically review this Notice. Crowd Care encourages you to periodically review this Notice.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information from Crowd Care by contacting:-
Customer Service Manager
- Address: Block L-6-7, Jalan Solaris, Solaris Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact No: +603-62063671