To qualify and remain as a Sharer, a person must meet all the following requirements:
- Age Eligibility This Program is available to individual aged between 8 years and 40 years. The Administrator may from time to time expand the age limit of this Program to include those aged below 8 or above 40 years subject to the different ratio of Monthly Share Pledge that reflects their respective health risk due to age. For the purpose of this Program Guideline, age is defined as “age next birthday” i.e. the person’s age at a particular time with addition of 1 year. For examples:
- If a person whose birthday falls on 27.10.1976, His age would be 41 on 27.10.2017. His age next birthday would be 41.
- If a person whose birthday falls on 01.01.1980, His age would be 30 on 01.01.2010. His age next birthday would be 31.
A person below the age of 19 (“Dependent”) shall only be eligible to participate in this Program with the consent of at least one of his parents, siblings (who is not a Dependent) or legal guardian (“Guardian”). A Guardian shall assume the financial responsibility for his Dependent under this Program. A Dependent upon reaching the age of 19 will automatically be qualified on his own merit as a Sharer and no longer requires parent, sibling or Guardian’s support.
- Open to All This Program is available to any individual Malaysian of any race and ethnicity who are residing in Malaysia. However, only Medical Expenses incurred in Malaysia and provided by or under the direction of a Panel Hospital are eligible for sharing under this Program. Please see Project LE’s website or the App for the latest List of Panel Hospitals.
- Health Status A person’s health status may have effect on his eligibility to join this Program. A person is required to disclose any Pre-Existing Condition to the Administrator during the signing up process. Failure to fully disclose information pertaining to his Pre-existing Condition at the time of signing up is a material violation of the shared trust between the Sharers and may subject the Sharers to disqualification from this Program under Section 2.6. The Administrator reserves the right to reject any person from signing up with this Program due to his Pre-existing Condition. There are also limitations on the sharing of Medical Expenses for Pre-Existing Condition. Please refer to Section 4.3.4 for further details on Pre-Existing Condition and its sharing limitation.
- Program Signing Up A person may only sign up for the Program via Life Engineering’s mobile apps (“Apps”). The Apps is available for Android and iOS based mobile devices and can be downloaded from Operating System’s store, such as Google Play, Apple’s App Store etc. A working SIM card with a phone number and an internet connection or data plan attached to the mobile device is required prior to the sign up. During the sign up process, such person is required to create a profile by providing the following:
- Full name as per NRIC
- A mobile number (a verification code will be sent via sms)
- Select a password
- A valid email address
- NRIC number
- Emergency Contact
- Security questions and Answers for later verification purpose
- Snap a picture of his or her MyKad
- and such other information as may be required by the Administrator;